Mid Iowa Fertility COVID-19 Policies
- Illness Notification: If you are ill, have a cough, or fever, even if you think this is a simple common cold, please notify us to cancel an appointment. Please stay at home. If ANYONE in your family is currently experiencing symptoms of any illness you will not be allowed into the office. This policy applies for patients and staff.
- Screening Protocol: All patients and visitors will be required to have their temperature taken and asked about recent travel. If you have a fever (>100.4) you will be asked to leave.
- Check-in: A staff member will take your name and get you checked in. We will ask that you please wait in your car and we will call you when you are ready to be seen. At this time we are limited the amount of people in and out of our office.
- All patients, even if coming in to drop off a sample, will be required to wear a face mask to enter the office.
- We ask that you do not wear gloves in the office, we have plenty of hand sanitizer to keep those hands clean.
- Hand sanitizing: We will have hand sanitizer at the check-in window, and ask that you sanitize your hands. If you have your own pen, please use your own pen to check in.
- COVID-19 Exposure: If you have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed (or suspected) with Coronavirus, you should undergo voluntary self-quarantine for 14 days. Please do not come to our office if you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with Coronavirus, even if you are feeling well.
- Visitors: In order to limit exposure we will not be allowing any guests to accompany patients to their appointments, this includes spouses or partners.
- Post procedures: After visiting an exam room please wash your hands.
In the event we must cancel your infertility care during the middle of a treatment cycle, the cancellation may have negative medical and financial consequences. We apologize in advance, but we must be safe and follow the regulations set up by state and national agencies. In the event your cycle is cancelled due to exposure or illness, we will credit your account so that you may proceed with your treatment in the future.
The following services ARE available at this time:
- Consults and Follow ups via Telemedicine (see below)
- Testing services (if you don’t see a service listed that you need please contact the office for further information):
- Blood Draws
- Semen Analysis
- Sperm Freezing
- HSG X-rays
- Treatment services:
- IUI (Any patient living within 1 hour of the clinic will be required to collect their sperm sample at home as the collection room will only be open for those who live outside the 1 hour time limit. There are collection kit available in the entryway of the office during regular business hours as well as kits hung on the door while we are closed)
- IVF Cycles (including Fresh Transfers)
- Frozen Embryo Transfers
The following services are NOT available at this time:
- Use of the collection room for those who live within 1 hour of the clinic
- Elective Surgery
The Iowa Board of Medicine has temporarily allowed for Telephone Only consultation as a form of Telemedicine. This means that a new patient may visit with a physician by telephone, and this telephone only visit may establish a doctor-physician relationship, evaluation and management may be conducted, and physician offices may bill patients or insurance companies for theses visits. Until further notice all new patient consults and follow ups will be conducted via Telemedicine.
All travel to geographic areas with “sustained community transmission” are discouraged. In the event you have traveled to countries with a Level 3 Travel Notice, please postpone your office visit:
If you have traveled anywhere in the past 2 weeks from the time of your scheduled visit, please notify our office. At this time, the CDC has not recommended cancellation of domestic travel, but has encouraged a common sense approach:
Subject to Change:
Please follow basic procedures to keep yourself safe:
As you are aware, the Coronavirus pandemic is an evolving situation, and we will continue to monitor and uphold recommendations from our public health authorities. We apologize in advance, but we must be safe and follow the regulations set up by state and national agencies. And finally, this too shall pass.
Mid Iowa Fertility
Additional information is available at the following websites: